Armstrong World Industries Foundation
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) formed the Armstrong World Industries (AWI) Foundation in 1985. Since its inception, the foundation has donated more than $50 million to charity.
In 2016, the foundation assessed its approach to giving and evolved its philanthropic strategy to have the most meaningful impact possible, while keeping its by-laws and the following stakeholders in mind:
- AWI current and future employees and retirees
- The communities where we operate
- Architects, designers, contractors and others in the building community dedicated to elevating the importance of design and buildings in people’s lives
Today the AWI Foundation’s strategy is primarily focused on making a positive difference in lives of people where they live, work, learn, heal and play, awarding grants by invitation only to 501(c)(3) organizations that meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Operate in communities where AWI employees live and work
- Dedicated to elevating the importance of design and buildings in people’s lives
- Renovating the buildings where they operate to improve their spaces and therefore the quality of service they provide to the people they benefit
- Focus on those who are most in need, particularly under-served children and early childhood education
This approach fosters opportunities to partner with AWI to provide in-kind ceiling solutions and services, and engage employees in the community via volunteer opportunities.
In addition the foundation contributes annually to the United Way campaigns and supports AWI employees through:
- Employee Choice gift matching
- Employee Hardship special grants
- Emergency / Disaster Relief grant
Making a Difference in Our Community
Armstrong employees and Armstrong World Industries have supported United Way fundraising campaigns since 1924, with millions of dollars and thousands of volunteer hours.