In 2017, we launched the SUSTAIN portfolio featuring the most sustainable mineral fiber, plant-based fiberglass, architectural specialties, suspension systems and trim ceiling solutions on the market today. We continue to expand this portfolio, and as part of our new product development process, we apply Design for Environment material screening principles to our new product development process.
Our TECTUM family of products, made of natural fibers from the Wisconsin Aspen, one of the most sustainably harvested trees, is another important part of our plan for a sustainable future. Recently, The International Living Future Institute awarded TECTUM ceiling and wall panels with the Living Product Challenge Imperative Certification. TECTUM ceiling and wall panels are the first and only acoustical solution to achieve this certification. The Living Product Challenge is organized into seven performance areas, each of which includes a number of detailed imperatives including the four Core Imperatives of Transparent Material Health, Red List, Responsible Industry, and Inspiration + Education.
Further, TECTUM ceiling and wall panels are Rainforest Alliance Certified™ to Forest Stewardship Council® standards and are part of the Armstrong Ceilings SUSTAIN portfolio, meeting the most stringent sustainability standards in the industry, including LEED v4, the Living Building Challenge℠, and the WELL Building Standard™. Armstrong Ceiling and Wall Systems also continues a commitment to the conservation of the fibers used in TECTUM by supporting the National Forest Foundation and efforts to preserve Aspen forests for years to come.
These are a few examples of how we use third-party organizations to test, assess and certify our products, and we provide documentation to support these efforts so you can understand what are products are made of and how we make them.
We are committed to:
- Expanding our SUSTAIN portfolio as we add new acquisitions and products.
- Applying Design for Environment principles to screen new ingredients.
- Working with our supply chain to meet the most stringent sustainability standards.
- Reducing the environmental impact of our products through innovative new materials and technologies.
- Publishing the impacts of our products in our environmental product declarations (EPDs).
- Disclosing material ingredient information in product declarations within our SUSTAIN Portfolio, which includes Declare Labels and Health Product Declarations (HPDs) on our most popular products.
- Attaining product certifications that contribute to green building standards in markets where we operate.